Friday, May 16, 2008

Day 75: Action 52 Friday with Dam Busters

Last Friday I predicted that Dam Busters would be some sort of shooting game, possibly a clone of the Atari 2600 classic River Raid. Well, there is shooting, but instead of jets, it has beavers.


I think that's a beaver. Beavers are brown and normally associated with dams, although I can't recall ever seeing a beaver wear a red vest (that's more of a raccoon thing). There aren't any dams anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

With no dams to bust or defend, I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Whatever it is, the odds are certainly stacked against me. While I can only toss tomatoes at my enemies one at a time, I've seen them launch as many as four at once. And while they can go wherever they please, I'm limited to walking on the path. Please note the width of the path in relation to Bucky Beaver up there. Not a lot of room to dodge those incoming tomatoes.

By the way, the name Dam Busters isn't even an original. It was used for a 1984 game based on British bomb attacks on German dams during World War II.

1 comment:

meager said...

It looks like Cerebus... only not so much there would be copyright issues, nope nope.