Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day 63: Meet In

It's been so long since the last time I completed a game that I've forgotten what it feels like. Now that completing a game is more than simply making it to the end. At best, that's the halfway point. New games make me go back and find things I missed or play levels I skipped or, worst of all, make me play the whole game over again to see the "real ending." Princess Peach never seemed to mind before when I would use warps to get to her faster. Seeing the credits roll at the end of a game used to fill me with a sense of accomplishment. Now it makes me dread what there might be left to do.


Meet In is a puzzle game with just one puzzle to solve. Get all four family members to the same central location. Once that happens you're finished forever, if you so choose. There's no need to come back to find some card that can be traded in for a hidden stage that will give you the chance to unlock and extra outfit or some other attempt to artificially create replay value. Finally, I can feel like I've accomplished something.

No comments: