Friday, March 7, 2008

Day 5: Action 52 Friday with Fire Breathers

Unlike most unlicensed NES cartridges, which just have one crappy game, Action 52 has 52 crappy games. That's one new crappy game every week for a whole year! It's tailor-made for a year of video games type project.


Game 1 is called Fire Breathers. It's Combat. It is literally Combat with dragons. Actually, it's not even Combat. Combat has biplanes and jets and mazes and bouncing bullets and invisible stuff. Fire Breathers has two dragons that look more like manta rays and what I'm guessing is a castle.

I can't even really play the game because there's no 1-player mode. I can just kill the impotent blue dragon 8 times, which must mean I won because immediately after the 8th kill the title screen reappears. It's like someone took a demo from a How to Program Video Games book they bought in 1985 and decided to sell it. I was making better games than this for my Commodore 64 when I was 10.

No comments: